History Test Free Online MCQ Paper
Indian History Practice Sample Questions
Directions: ln the questions given below are two statements labelled as Assertion (A) and
Reason (R): In the context of the two statements, which of the following is correct?
(a) Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A.
(b) Both A and R are true but R is not the correct explanation of A.
(c) A is true but R is false.
(d) A is false but R is true.
1. Assertion (A): The market regulations introduced by Sultan Alauddin Khalji died
Instantaneously with his death.
Reason (R): The market regulations were implemented with the use of brute force.
2. Assertion (A): The Mughal administrative structure faced the Jagiradari crisis during the
closing years of Aurangzeb's reign.
Reason (R): There were limited number of Jagirs but unlimited number of Mansabdars
who were aspiring for Jagirs.
3. Assertion (A): 1 Alauddin Khalji imposed curbs on the power of the nobility.
Reason (R): Nobles were against Alauddin at the time of his struggle with Jalaluddin.
4. Assertion (A): Alauddin Khalji introduced price control which made living cheaper.
Reason (R): Alauddin Khalji's purpose was to maintain a large army.
5. Assertion (A): A notable feature in the 'Sanskrit plays of the Gupta period was that the
characters of high social status spoke Sanskrit, whereas those of low social status spoke Prakrit.
Reason (R): Prakrit, as a language was more closely related to the speech of the
times than was classical Sanskrit.
6. Assertion (A): Ghiyasuddin Balban destroyed Chahalgani
Reason (R): They were conspiring with the foreign powers.
7. Assertion (A): Akbar founded Din-e-ilahi.
Reason (R): He was motivated by self-glorification.
8. Assertion (A): The Congress Ministries in all the provinces resigned in the year 1939.
Reason (R): The Congress did not accept the decision of the Viceroy to declare war
against Germany in the context of the Second World War.
9. Assertion (a): Lord Ripon resigned before the term of his viceroyalty was over.
Reason (R): The British Government was annoyed by the Elbert bill and forced him to
10. Assertion (A): During 800-1200 A.D. period we notice the appearance of many
histories of comparatively small geographical regions and family histories of lesser dynasties.
Reason (R): The excessive centralization of political authority during this period has
resulted in the emergence of reactionary sentiments among regional and local rulers.