Online Free Solved multiple choice question Practice GK Test paper
1. Where is Waterloo situated?
2. The capital of Vatican City is:
(d) Vatican city
3. The necessity for a planning commission for India was first advocated by:
(a) M. Visvesvarayya
(b) Ram Krishna Hegde
(c) Jawahar Lal Nehru
(d) K.T. Shah
4. What is dry ice?
(a) Solid sodium carbonate
(b) Solid carbon-dioxide
(c) Solid ammonium chloride
(d) None of these
5. Won is the currency of;
(a) North Korea
(b) South Korea
(c) North Korea and South Korea both
(d) None of these
6. Which country hosted the 15th Common-wealth Games;
7. Which film won the 70th Oscar Award for 1997 (Declared in 1998) for Best Feature Film?
(a) Brave Heart
(b) Howard’s End
8. First Woman Pilot in Indian Air Force was-
(a) Bachendri Pal
(b) Junko Tabei
(c) Sally Ride
(d) Harita Kaur Deol
9. The famous Pakistan resolution was passed At:
10. Where is the greatest volcanic crater in the World?
11. Pimpri is associated with:
(a) News print
12. India bought A-320 airbuses from:
13. Which important event immediately preceded the Jallianwala Bagh massacre ?
(a) Communal Award
(b) Arrival of Simon Commission
(c) Non-Co-operation Movement
(d) Rowlatt Act enactment
14. When sun light falls on a soap bubble bright Colours are seen. They are produced by:
(d) Pigments in the soap
15. The 1998 Men’s Wimbledon Championship
Was won by:
(a) Pete Sampras
(b) Patrick Rafter
(c) Boris Becker
(d) Andre Agassi
16. Who once remarked, ‘Nehru is a patriot while Jinnah is a politician?
(a) Maulana Azad
(b) Mahatma Gandhi
(C) Sir Mohammad Iqbal
(d) Abdul Gaffar Khan
17. Who, among the following, is the world’s first Woman cosmonaut ?
(a) Junko Tabei
(b) Valentina Tereshkova
(c) Sally Ride
(d) Bachendri Pal
18. Which state in India can be placed under Governor’s rule?
(d) Jammu and Kashmir
19. By which amendment of the Constitution the Words ‘Socialist and Secular’ were added to its
20. The Department of Archeology was started in
(a) Warren Hastings
(c) Willium Bentinck
21. Antibodies in our bodies:
(a) Cause diseases
(b) Cure infection
(c) Are poisonous substances
(d) Protect us against disease
22. The British introduced provincial autonomy In India through;
(a) The Minto-Morley Reforms Act of 1909
(b) The Montagu-Chelmsford Reforms of 1919.
(c) Indian Council Act of 1892
(d) The Government of lndia Act l935
23. The first village in India to be lit by solar-
Powered lighting is located in the district of:
24. Name the writer who refused to accept the Nobel Prize for Literature:
(a) Ernest Hemingway
(b) Boris Pasternak
(c) Allen Ginsberg
(d) Jean-Paul Sarte
25. Where are the Niagra Falls?
(d) South America
26. Which Article of India’s Constitution abolishes untouchability and makes its
Practice in any form an offence punishable under law?
27. The Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre at Trivendrum is mainly concerned with;
(a) Development of Satellite launch Vehicles
(b) Design and fabrication of spacecraft
(c) Research in propellants for launching Rockets
(d)To launch sounding rockets to investigate problems of meteorology
28. What is ‘Sagar Samrat’?
(a) Naval Fighting Ship
(b) Merchant Navy Ship
(c) An ordinary Ship
(d) An oil-drilling rig
29. The comment ‘no vakil, no appeal, no dalil’ was made in relation to :
(a) The Communal Award
(b) The Hbert Bill
(c) The Rowlatt Act
(d) The Vernacular Press Act
30. Directive Principles of State policy have been enumerated in the IV Part of the constitution.
The concept has been borrowed from;