online general knowledge quiz india
GK Current Affairs Objective General Knowledge
1. How many times can a person be elected as President of U.S.A.?
(a) Three times
(b) Two times
(c) No limit
(d) Four times
2. Which statutory official in India can participate in Lok Sabha discussions but can
(a) Chief Election Commissioner
(b) Attorney General
(c) Comptroller and Auditor General
(d) Leader of opposition
3. What has been the annual exponential growth
Rate of population in India during 1981-91:
(a) l. ll per cent
(b) 2.Ol per cent
(c) 2.l4 per cent
(d) 2.35 per cent
4. Where is the Institute of Sugar Technology situated?
5. Where is Indian Institute of Experimental Medicine located?
(d) New Delhi
6. Where the Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Youth Development is being setup?
(b) New Delhi
7. The highest Indian decoration for showing Valour and gallantry in the war is:
(a) Param Vishistha Seva Medal
(b) Ashoka Chakra
(c) Param Vir Chakra
(d) Mahavir Chakra
(e) None of these
8. What is the sex ratio in India according to the Census of 1991?
(a) 923 females per 1000 males
(b) 912 females per 1000 males
(c) 927 females per 1000 males
(d) 930 females per 1000 males
9. Which institution is responsible for the Formulation of 5 Years Plans in India?
(a) National Productivity Council
(b) Planning Commission
(c) National Development Council
(d) None of these
10. Which train in India has the longest route Length?
(a) Himgiri Express
(b) Himsagar Express
(c) G.T. Express
(d) Guwahati-Trivendrum Express
11. Electrical Current is measured by:
(c) Watt meter
12. Where is SHAR space centre located?
(c) Shrihari Kota
13. Which of the following is the name of the
German International Airlines?
(a) Cathay Pacific
14. The deepest point in the oceans is
(a) Marians Trench
(b) Galathea deep
(c) Bartholomew deep
(d) Mindanao deep
15. What is the total number of major ports in
16. The spinning of the earth on its imaginary
Axis is known as:
17. Khajuraho is situated in the state of:
(a) Andhra Pradesh
(d) Madhya Pradesh
18. What does the Mercator Projection refer to?
(a) Lines of longitude and latitude drawn in
(b) High altitude contours
(c) Lines of latitude and longitude drawn in
(d) Equatorial belt
19. Who can preside but cannot vote in one of
The Houses of Parliament?
(b) Deputy Speaker
(c) Vice President
(d) Vice Chairman
20. Which amendment to the Constitution of
India affirmed the power of the Parliament to
Amend any part of the Constitution including
That relating to Fundamental Rights:
21. The 38th (Amendment) Act to the Constitution
Of India relates to:
(a) Raising the upper limit of membership Of Lok Sabha
(b) President’s ‘satisfaction’ in declaring Emergency has been made non justiciable
(c) Provision for a Legislative Assembly and Council of minister for Arunachal Pradesh
(d) Sikkim became the 22nd state of the Indian Union
22 Under what article of the Constitution of India Can the President take over the administration
Of a State in case its constitutional machinery Breaks down?
(a) Article 83(2)
(b) Article 352
(c) Article 356
(d) Article 343
23. How many languages are recognized by the Constitution of India in the 8th Schedule?
24. Into how many commands is the Indian army Organized?
25. The oceans cover ...... of the surface of the