MP GK Objective questions
GK Current Affairs Objective General Knowledge MP
Madhya Pradesh MP General Knowledge Quiz
1. Which of the following sports-persons has participated in the Olympics?
(A) Narendra Hirwani
(B) Ashok Patel
(C) Aslam Sher Khan
(D) Prakash Saini
2. In which district of Madhya Pradesh is one of the regional laboratories of Forest Research Institute, Dehradun Located?
3. How many districts of M.P. at present are categorised as ‘developed districts’ in terms of the categorisation done in 1990?
4. Which district of M.P. has the least area under the Paddy Crop?
5. Approximately what percentage of the country’s total managanese is extracted in
6. Which poet is regarded as the first poet of the ‘Riti’ period of Hindi poetry?
(B) Keshav Das
7. After the coming into existence of Chhattisgarh State, in which district of Madhya Pradesh is the number of electrified villages the least?
8. In which district of M.P. is the percentage of the gross irrigated area to the gross sown area the smallest?
9. Which district has the lowest literacy in M.P. according to the 1991 census?
10. When was the ‘Pani Roko Abhiyan’ started in Madhya Pradesh?
(A) 3rd February, 2001
(B) 2nd October, 2000
(C) 7th May, 2001
(D) None of these
11. When was Shri Prakash Chandra Sethi, , made the Chief Minister of
Madhya Pradesh for the first time?
12. In the forests of Madhya Pradesh, there is wide-spread damage, due to borer. In which tree specie has the damage occurred?
13. The river Chambal flows in the following states
(A) M.P., U.P., Orissa
(B) M.P., Rajasthan, Gujarat
(C) M.P., U.P., Bihar
(D) M.P., U.P., Rajasthan
14. One out of the following dynasties does not belong to M.P.—
15. What is the position with respect to powers of contempt available to Lokayukta and Uplokayukta of M.P. similar to the powers of the High Court?
(A) The Powers have been given
(B) The matter is under consideration
(C) The powers have not been given
(D) There are no such proposals
16. For which purpose out of the following was the ‘Lohani Committee’ constituted in M.P.?
(A) For area division between M.P. and Chhattisgarh
(B) For recommending sources of finance for the Panchayats
(C) For division of Government employees between M.P. and Chhattisgarh
(D) None of the above
17. Who was the Chief Minister of M.P. when Phoolan Devi surrendered?
(A) Motilal Vora
(B) Digvijay Singh
(C) Shyamacharan Shukla
(D) Arjun Singh
18. Where is the Hasedo-Bango Project located?
19. Which three Indian states were bifurcated to create 3 new states in India?
(A) Orissa, M.P., Bihar
(B) Bihar, M.P., U.P.
(C) M.P., Rajasthan, Bihar
(D) U.P., M.P., West Bengal
20. Which of the following districts of M.P. is the smallest in terms of population?
21. What is ‘Gyandoot Scheme’ which was started in the Dhar district of M.P.?
(A) A Village Education Scheme
(B) A series of discourses of Swami Chinmayanand on Gita
(C) A project connected with the modem information technology
(D) A general knowledge competition
22. Rajghat dam is a joint project of—
(A) U.P. and M.P.
(B) M.P. and Rajasthan
(C) M.P. and Gujarat
(D) M.P. and Chhattisgarh
23. Which of the following alternatives corresponds to the percentage of the forest area of M.P. to the state’s total geographical area?
(D) None of these
24. Which state is first in producing Tendu leaves?
(D) Andhra Pradesh
25. The State which has the largest number of seats reserved for the Scheduled Tribes in the Lok Sabha is —
(C) Uttar Pradesh
(D) Madhya Pradesh