1. The royal court of Alauddin was graced by the great poet
(B) Omar Khaiyyam
(C) Amir Khusro
(D) Ibn Batuta
2. Guru Nanak Dev was asccociated mainly with
3. The name of India’s first aircraft carrier is
(A) INS Vikrant
(B) INS Nilgiri
4. Which of the following is associated with the manufacture of guided missiles?
(A) Bharat Earth Movers Limited
(B) Uharat Dynamics Limited
(D) Bharat Electronics Limited
5. National Highway No. 3 runs from?
(A) Delhi to Chennai
(B) Amritsar to Kolkata
(C) Dethi to Ahmedabad
(D) Agra to Mumbai
6. The first nuclear test was con ducted in India in the year?
7. Which State grows nearly 30 per cent of world opium?
(B) West Bengal
8. A list of national languages can be traced in the ………of the
(A) Fifth Schedule
(B) Sixth Schedule
(C) Seventh Schedule
(D) Eighth Schedule
9. Which one of the following pr vides constitutional guarantee of personal freedom?
(C) Habeas Corpus
(D) Quo Warranto
10. Which one of these countries is not in Scandinavia?
11. What is the official language of the Argentina?
12. Falkiand Islands are in?
(B) North Atlantic
(C) South Atlantic
13. The French Revolution gave its modern meaning to the term?
14. The Iran-Iraq war started for exclusive possession of ?
(A) Iranian oil refineries
(B) the whole of Western Iran
(C) the territory already captured by Iran from Jordan and Iraq both
(D)) Shaft-al-Arab region
15. ‘Dirham’ is the currency of
16. OPEC stands for?
(A) Oil Producing European Countries
(B) Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries
(C) Oil and Petroleum Exploring Countries
(D) Organization of Pacific Exploring Countries
17. A light-year is a unit of?
(D) Illumination by light
18. The main masses of land above sea level are called?
19. The Mineral resource which has made Middle East of vital importance to the world to-day is?
20. WhIch one of the following match with ‘Khetri, Jharia, Kudermukh,
(A) Copper, Coal, Iron, Gold
(B) Coal, Bauxite, Iron, Gold
(C) Iron, Copper, Coal, Gold
(D) Bauxite, Coal, Iron, Gold
21. The Alpine races mostly live in the Indian States of?
(A) Rajasthan and Punjab
(B) Tamil Nadu and Kerala
(C) Karnataka and Maharashtra
(D) Gujarat and West Bengal
22. Which of the following factors influence the climate of India?
(A) Long Coastal Area
(B) Nearness to Equator
(C) The Himalayas
(D) The Relief of Our Land
23. What is the distance of runningin a marathon race?
(A) 26 miles 385 yards
(B) 26 miles 405 yards
(C) 26 miles 180 yards
(13) 26 miles
24. ‘Prince of Wales Cup’ is associated with the game of?
(B) Basket ball
25. ‘Quessberry Rules’ is the name given to the rules in?
26. Who was the first recipient ofNehru Award for International
(A) Martin Luther King
(B) Mother Teresa
(C) U. Thant
(D) Dr. Jonas Salk
27. Which of the following Indians was awarded ‘Legion de Award’, the highest civilian award of France?
(A) Pandit Ravi Shankar
(B) Satyajit Ray
(C) Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru
(D) Indira Gandhi
28. C. Funk’s name has been associated with the research of which of the following?
29. Who defined democracy as a “Government of the people, by the people and for the people” ?
(A) Mahatma Gandhi
(D) Abraham Lincoln
30. Who said, “Give me somewhere to stand, and I will move the world”?
31. Ben Hur, the world famous epic, is written by?
(A) John Milton
(B) George Orwell
(C) Lewis Wallace
(D) Leo Tolstoy
32. Poliomyelitis is spread by?
(D) Adulterated Food
33. A person in normal healthrequires per day?
(A) 1000— 1800 calories
(B) 2500 —3000 calories
(C) 3000 —4000 calories
(D) 4000 —5000 calories
34. The fourth estate is?
35. ‘Hertz’ is a unit of?
(C) Frequency of Sound Waves
(D) Magnetic field
36. A ‘bear’ on the Stock Exchange is a speculator?
(A) Who sells shares which he does not possess
(B) Who applies for new issues of shares in the hope that the price will go up
(C) Whose holdings of the shares in a company is so large that selling them could affect the market price
(D) Who buys shares in the hope that price will go up
37. The function of DNA in the body is?
(A) to help in the synthesis of proteins
(B) to control the heredity
(C) to assist in the release of energy
(D) None of the above
38. Which of the following is called a‘red planet’?
39. In a human body, the basic building blocks are—
40. Which feature film was screened in the UN in Nov. 2006?
(A) Lage Raho Munna Bhai
(B) Rang De Basanti
(D) The Kabul Express