india gk questions and answers
General Knowledge & Current Affairs Questions and Answers
India General Knowledge Quiz
1. When a body is taken from the earth to the moon :
(A) Its weight increases
(B) Its weight decreases
(C) Its weight remains unchanged
(D) It becomes completely weightless
2. Expansion during heating ?
(A) Occurs only in solid
(B) Increases the weight of the material
(C) Decreases the density of the material
(D) Occurs at the same rate for all liquids and solids
3. The Finance Commission is primarily concerned with recommending to the President about ?
(A) The principle governing grants –in-aid to be given to the States
(B) Distributing the net proceeds of the taxes between the Centre and the States
(C) Neither (A) nor (B) .
(D) Both (A) and (B)
4. The Parliament can make law for the whole or any part of India for
implementing International Treaties:
(A) With the consent of all the states
(B) With the consent of majority of States
(C) With the consent of the States concerned
(D) Without the consent of any State
5. Rayya Sabha can delay the Finance Bill sent for its consideration by the Lok Sabha for a maximum period of ?
(A) One month
(B) One year
(C) Seven days
(D) Fourteen days
6. The First day session of Indian Constituent Assembly was
Chaired by :
(A) Dr. Rajendra Prasad
(B) Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru
(C) Dr. B. R. Ambedkar
(D) Dr. Sachchidanand Sinha
7. Which one of the following is not a department in the Ministry of
Human Resource Development ?
(A) Department of Elementary Education and Literacy
(B) Department of Secondary Education and Higher Education
(C) Department of Technical Education
(D) Department of Woman and Child Development
8. Who is known as the first Law Officer of India ?
(A) Chief Justice of India
(B) Law Minister of India
(C) Solicitor General of India
(D) Law Secretary
9. The Comptroller and Auditor General is appointed by the
President. He can be removed ?
(A) By the President
(B) On an address from both Houses of Parliament
(C) By the Supreme Court
(D) On the recommendation of the President by the Supreme Court
10, Nathu La Pass is situated in which state ?
(A) Arunachal Pradesh
11. Who will decide the Office of Profit ?
(A) President and Governor
(B) Union Parliament
(C) Supreme Court
(D) Union Public Service Commission
12. To be officially recognised by the Speaker of Lok Sabha as an
Opposition Group, a party or Coalition of Parties must have at least:
(A) 50 members
(B) 60 members
(C) 80 members
(D) 1/3 of total members of the Lok Sabha
13. Which of the following is not included in the Directive Principles of State Policy ?
(A) Prohibition of liquor
(B) Right to work
(C) Equal wage for equal work
(D) Right to information
14. Right to Education to all children between the age of 6 to 14 years is ?
(A) Included in the Directive Principles of State Policy
(B) A Fundamental Right
(C) A Statutory Right
(D) None of the above
15How many times has Financial Emergency been declared in
India so far ?
(A) 5 times
(B) 4 times
16. Which one of the following motions can the Council of
Ministers in India move ?
(A) No Confidence Motion
(B) Censure Motion
(C) Adjournment Motion
(D) Confidence Motion
17. Which one of the following expenditures is not charged on
the Consolidated Fund of India ?
(A) Salary and allowances of the President of India
(B) Salary and allowances oft the Vice President of India
(C) Salary and allowances of the Justices of the Supreme Court of
(D) Salary and allowances of the Speaker of the Lok Sabha
18. Which one of the following is the time limit for the ratification of an emergency period by the Parliament ?
(A) 14 days
(B) 1 month
(C) 3 months
(D) 6 months
19. Given below are two statements :
Assertion (A) : Powers for conducting elections to the Parliament and State Legislatures in a free and fair manner have been given to an independent body i.e. the Election Commission.
Reason (R) : Powers of removal of Election Commissioners is with the executive.
In the context of above. Which one of the following is correct ?
(A) Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A
(B) Both A and R are true but R is not the correct explanation of A
(C) A is true but R is false
(D) A is false but R is true
20 Which one of the following is not an objective of fiscal policy of Indian Government ?
(A) Full employment
(B) Price stability
(C) Regulation of inter-State trade
(D) Equitable distribution of wealth and income
21. Hindu Rate of growth refers to the rate of growth of ?
(C) Food grains
(D) Per capita income
22. In India, national income is estimated by :
(A) Planning Commission
(B) Central Statistical Organisation
(C) Indian Statistical Institute
(D) National Sample Survey Organisation
23. Which one of the following committees recommended the abolition of reservation of items for the small scale sector in industry ?
(A) Abid Hussain Committee
(B) Narasimhan Committee
(C) Nayak Committee
(D) Rakesh Mohan Committee
24. In the last one decade which one among the following sectors has attracted the highest Foreign Direct Investment inflows into India ?
(A) Chemicals other than fertilisers
(B) Services sector
(C) Food Processing
25. Who formulates the monetary policy in India ?
(C) Finance Ministry
(D) Planning Commission