GK Solved Question Bank MCQ for LIC
1. Talcher is famous for—
(d) Thermal Power Station
2. The first hydroelectric Power station was commissioned at —
3. Who was the Temporary Chairman of Constituent Assembly —
(a) Sachchidanand Sinha
(b) Dr. Rajendra Prasad
(c) Dr. BR. Ambedkar
(d) Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru
4. ‘Fundamental Duties’ were added in the Constitution of India by—
(a) 40th Amendment
(b) 42nd Amendment
(c) 43rd Amendment
(d) 44th Amendment
5. High Courts of Kolkata, Chennai and Mumbai were established under the—
(a) Government of India Act, 1909
(b) Indian High Court Act, 1865
(c) Indian High Court Act, 1861
(d) Indian High Court Act, 1911
6. In Constitution setting up of Village Panchayats finds mention under—
(a) Art. 40
(b) Art. 48
(c) Art 51
(d) None of these
7. Constitution provides residuary powers to—
(a) Central Government
(b) State Government
(c) Central and State Governments both
(d) Neither Central Govt. nor State Govt
8. Which of the following is not a Directive Principle of State Policy?
(a) Promoting international peace
(b) Providing free and compulsory education to children upto the age of 14 years
(c) Prohibition of slaughter of cows
(d) Abolition of private property
9. Which of the following is a source of income of Gram Panchayat?
(a) Income Tax
(b) Sales Tax
(c) Professional Tax
(d) Levy Duties
10. The duration between two Sessions of Parliament should not be more than—
(a) 9 months
(b) 1 month
(c) 3 months
(d) 6 months
11. Andaman and Nicobar Islands are under the jurisdiction of—
(a) Andhra Pradesh
(d) None of these
12. Where is the headquarters of OPEC?
13. The six official languages of the U.N: are Russian, Chinese, English, French, Spanish and:
14. International Day of Disabled is observed on—
(a) December 13th
(b) December 3rd
(c) December 23rd
(d) December 30th
15. Chattisgarh was created as the state—
16. As per Census 2001, which state is most populated after Uttar Pradesh and Mahrashtra?
(a) West Bengal
(c) Andhra Pradesh
(d) Tamil Nadu
17. The first country to issue paper currency was—
18. Which leading daily newspapers of India has second largest circulation?
(a) The Times of India
(b) The Indian Express
(c) Dainik Jagran
(d) Dainik Bhaskar
19. ‘Bharat Bharati’ was written by—
(a) Jai Shankar Prasad
(b) Maithili Saran Gupt
(c) Prem Chand
d) Swami Sivananda
20. The book ‘Midnight’s Children’ is written by—
(b) Arundhati Roy
(c) Salman Rushdie
(d) Khushwant Singh
21. The headquarter of Indian Space Research Organization is at—
(d) New Delhi
22. In which of these forms is energy found in a dry shell?
(d) Electro Magnetic
23. Which is the hardest element of the following?
24. Which of these is called ‘Land of Rising Sun’?
25. What is blue vitriol?
(a) Copper sulphate
(d) Sodium Sulphate
26. Which language is 2nd most spoken, language of India?
27. ‘Karagam’ is the folk dance of—
(a) ‘Andhra Pradesh
(b) Tamil Nadu
(d) Himacha1 Pradesh
28. Who started the first newspaper in India?
(a) Dadabhai Naoroji
(b) Sir Syed Ahmed Khan
(c) Rabindra Nath Tagore
(d) James Hickey
29. The ‘SAARC’ was founded in—
30. The largest constituent of atmospheric air is—
(c) carbon dioxide
(d) water vapour
31. Which of the following is a warm current?
(a) California Current
(b) Brazilian Current
(c) Venezuela Current
(d) Labrador Current
32. On the surface of the earth, the largest ocean is—
33. U. Thant Cup is associated with —
(d) world badminton (women)
34. Kakrapara project is related to the development of which of these?
(a) Tapti Valley
(b) Narmada Valley
(c) Tungbhadra Valley
(d) Krishna Valley
35. National Highways Number I connect?
(a) Mumbai to Kolkata
(b) Delhi to Kolkata
(c) Mumbai to Delhi
(d) Delhi to Amritsar
36. India is known for 80% deposits of which of the minerals?
37. Which is the longest river in southern part of India?
38. Which of the following countries has the least area?
(d) Vatican City
39. The brightest planet is?
40. Two states which produce largest amount of tobacco are?
(a) Andhra Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh
(b) West Bengal and Mahrashtra
(c) Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu
(d) Andhra Pradesh and Gujarat
41. Yasin Merchant is associated with which of the following games?
42. ‘Dwar Samudra’ was the capital of—
43. Deficiency of iron causes which of the following diseases?
(d) Over Bleeding
44. In which of these countries does it rain in the cold season?
45. What is ‘Mona Lisa’?
(a) A painting
(c) Intelligence of France
46. Which of the following dynasties of Rajputs did not surrender in front of Akbar?
(a) Sisodia Dynasty
(b) Parmar Dynasty
(c) Chauhan Dynasty
(d) Chandela Dynasty
47. Water is soluble in ionic salts because—
(a) Its boiling point is high
(b) Its dipolar moment is more
(c) Of its more specific heat
(d) It has no colour
48. Mica is mainly found in—
(d) Tamil Nadu
49. What is mixed economy?
(a) Co-operation between public and private sectors
(b) Competition between public and private sectors
(c) Special force in public sector.
(d) None of these
50. Who was the First King of Tughlaq Dynasty?
(a) Gias-ud-din Tughlaq
(b) Malik Tughlaq
(c) Mohammed Bin Tughlaq
(d) Feroz Shah Tughlaq