General Knowledge Solved MCQ Quiz
1. Who is known as the ‘Iron Man of India’?
A. Bal Gangadhar Tilak
B. Lala Lajpat Rai
C. Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
D. Subhash Chandra Bose
2. In which of the following fields did Tenzing Norgay distinguish himself?
3. Who was the first lady Prime Minister of the World?
A. Sirimavo Bhandranaike
B. Margaret Thatcher
C. Indira Gandhi
D. Golda Meir
4. Where is Central Potato Research Institute?
5. With which field is ‘Vikram Seth’ associated?
A. Space Research
6. India’s anti-tank missile is:
7. The major difference between the Moderates and the Extremists in the Congress Session of 1907 was regarding —
8. Devaluation of currency helps in promoting—
(d) national income
9. Which Indian State is the largest producer of cashew nuts?
(a) Madhya Pradesh
(d) Andhra Pradesh
10. 1930 is associated with—
(a) Presentation of Nehru Report
(b) Dandi March
(c) Second Round Table Conference
(d) Lahore Congress
11. Indian Railways has recently decided to set up a new Wheel & Axle factory at:
12. Match the following cities of South India with their States:
(a) Coimbatore 1. Kerala
(b) Cochin (Kochi) 2. Karnataka
(c) Mangalore 3. Tamil Nadu
(d) Vijayanagar 4. Andhra Pradesh
A. a-1, b-3, c-4, d-2
B. a-3, b-1, c-2, d-4
C. a-1, b3, c-2, d-4
D. a-3, b-1, c-4, d-2
13. With which of the following gland/organ is ‘diabetes’ associated?
14. Cornea is a part of which of the following organs of human body?
15. The blood cholesterol level in 100 ml of blood in a normal person varies between:
A. 250 to 350 mg
B. 150 to 250 mg
C. 100 to 150 mg
D. 50 to 100 mg
16. Choose the correct chronological order of dynasties:
A. Lodi, Slave, Tughlaq, Khilji
B. Slave, Tughlaq, Khilji, Lodi
C. Khilji, Lodi, Slave, Tughlaq
D. Slave, Khilji, Tughlaq, Lodi
17. Token currency was introduced in India for the first time by:
A. Firuz Shah Tughlaq
B. Muhammad bin Tughlaq
C. Alauddin Khilji
D. Qutubuddin Aibak
18. Which of the following pairs is incorrect?
A. Bairam Khan — Akbar
B. Jaswant Singh — Aurangzeb
C. Amir Khusrau — Jehangir
D. Ambar Malik — Humayun
19. Match the. following ancient books with their authors:
(a) Mahabharata 1. Kalidasa
(b) Kadambari 2. Panini
(c) Meghadoot 3. Banabhatta
(d) Asthadhyayi 4. Ved Vyas
A. a-4, b-2, c-1, d-3,
B. a-1, b-2, c-3, d-4
C. a-4, b-3, c-1, d-2
D. a-2, b-3, c-1, d-4
20. Which of the following can be used for checking inflation temporari1y?
(a) Decrease in taxes
(b) Increase in wages
(c) Decrease in money supply
(d) None of these
21. With which aspect of Commerce are ‘bull’ and ‘hear’ associated?
B. Foreign Trade
C. Stock Market
D. Internal Trade
22. The Tenth Five-Year Plan pertains to which period?
A. 2000-01 to 2004-05
B. 2001-02 to 2005-06
C. 2002-03 to 2006-07
D. 2003-04 to 2007-08
23. Debt service ratio implies ratio between:
A. export and total payout on debt
B. import and total debt
C. domestic saving and• import
D. domestic saving and total debt
24 Who said, where wealth accumulates, men decay”?
A. Abraham Lincoln
C. Karl Marx
25. Gresham’s law in economic relates to:
A. distribution of goods and services
B. circulation of currency
C. supply and demand
D. consumption and supply
26. Which of the following statements regarding the Constituent Assembly is true?
1. It is not based on Adult Franchise
2. It resulted from direct elections
3. it was a multiparty body
4. it worked through several committees
A. l and 2
B. 2 and 3
C. 1 and 4
D. l, 2, 3 and 4
27. Which of the following bills cannot be introduced first in the Rajya Sabha?
A. Money Bills
B. Bills pertaining, to the powers of the Supreme court of State Judiciary
C. Bills proclaiming the state of emergency arising out of war or external aggression
D. Bills bringing a State under emergency rules
28. How long can a person continue to be a Minister without being a member of either Houses of the Parliament?
A. 3 months
B. 6 months
C. l year
D. No time limit
29. Centigrade and Fahrenheit scales give the same reading at:
30. Match the scientists with their inventions:
(a) C. Marconi 1. Gramophone
(b) J.L. Baird 2. Radio
(c) Alexander Graham Bell 3. Television
(d) Thomas Alva Edison 4. Telephone
A. a-l, b-2, c-3, d-4
B. a-4, b-3, c-2, d-1
C. a-2, b-1, c-4, d-3
B. a-2, b-3, c-4, d-l
31. In the process of galvanization, an iron sheet is coated with:
32. Rate of evaporation does not depend upon:
A. temperature of the liquid
B. surface area of the liquid
C. mass of the liquid
D. air pressure
33. Which of the following process produce Hydrogen gas?
A. Electrolysis of water
B. Passing of steam over red hot iron
C. Reaction of zinc with hydrochloric acid
D. All of these
34. Match the following with their chemical formulae
(a) Common Salt 1. Na2 SiO3
(b) Alum 2. NaCl
(c) Gypsum 3. K2SO4. Al2 (SO4)3 24H2O
(d) Quartz 4. CaSO4. 2H2O
A. a-2, b-3, c-4, d-l
B. a-1, b-3, c-4, d-2
C. a-2, b-4, c-1, d-3
D. a-2, b-1, c-3, d-4
35. Which of the following is an element?
36. Which of the following is true regarding a catalyst?
1. It increases the rate of reaction
2. It increases the activation energy
3. It reduces the activation energy
4. It is consumed in the reaction
A. 1 and 2
B. 1 and3
C. 2 and 4
D. 3 and 5
37. The hydraulic automobiles application of:
A. Archimedes’ Principle
B. Pascal’s law
C. Bernoulli’s theorem
D. Faraday’s law
38. Match the following countries with their capitals:
(a) Nigeria 1. Luanda
(b) Qatar 2. Abuja
(c) Zambia 3. Lusaka
(d) Angola 4. Doha
A. a-2, b-4, c-3, d-l
B. a-4, b-3, c-2, d-l
C. a-1, b-2, c-3, d-4
D. a-4, b-2, c-3, d-l
39. Which of the following planets orbits around the sun in backward direction from east to west?
40. More than two third of world’s tin comes from which country?
41. The largest temple in the world
A. Meenakshi Temple
B. Angkor Vat
C. Pashupati Nath Temple of Nepal
D. Kashi Vishwanath Temple
42. Aryabhatta was India’s renowned:
43. Which of the following pair does not match?
A. Sariska Sanctuary - Rajasthan
B. Kaziranga National Park - Assam (Asom)
C. Ghana Bird Sanctuary - Meghalaya
D. Shivpuri National Park - Madhya Pradesh
44. Match the following hill stations of India with their states:
(a) Gulmarg 1. Rajasthan
(b) Dalhousie 2. Madhya Pradesh
(c) Mt. Abu 3. Jammu and Kashmir
(d) Panchmarhi 4. Himachal Pradesh
A. a-3, b-4, c-1, d-2
B. á-5, b-3, c-i, d-2
C. a-4, b-3, c-2, d-5
D. a-5, b-4, c-2, d-1
45. On which river the Pong Dam has been constructed?
46. Which country is the world’s largest supplier of silk?
47. Which one of the following does not contribute to development in India?
A. Technological research
B. Population growth
C. Diversification of industry
D. Increased saving
48. ‘Jog’ the highest water fall in India is located in the state of
B. Jammu and Kashmir
C. Tamil Nadu
49. The President can proclaim emergency on the written advice of the:
A. Chief Justice
C. Prime Minister
D. Union Cabinet
50. The first state in India carved out on a linguistic basis was:
A. Andhra Pradesh