1. The battle of Mahabharata is believed to have been fought at
(A) 14 days
(B) 16 days
(C) l8 days
(D) 20 days
2. The Mukteswara Temple is located at?
3. Which king of the Gupta Dynasty was called the ‘Napoleon of India’?
(B) Chandragupta ditya
(C) Sri Gupta
4. Between which two rulers was the First Battle of Panipat fought ?
(A) Akbar and Bahlol Lodi
(B) Babur and Ibrahim Lodi
(C) Bairam Ichan and Sikandar Lodi
(D) Shah Jahan and Daulat Khan Lodi
5. Who is the author of Ain--i Akbani?
(A) Abul Fazal
6. Match List-I with List-II and select the correct answer by using the codes given below the lists?
7. Which reformer from Maharashtra was known as Lokhitavadi?
(A) Pandit Ramabai
(B) Gopal Krishna Gokhale
(C) M. G. Ranade `
(D) Gopal_Hari Deshmukh
8. ’Din-e-Ilahi’ of Akbar was not a success because?
(A) After Akbar, it was not patronized
(B) The Muslims did not accept other religious practices
(C) It was not suitably projected to the masses
(D) All the above
9. Who was the author of the book ’My Experiments with Truth' ?
(A) Aurobindo Ghosh
(B) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
(C) M. K. Gandhi
(D) Vinoba Bhave
10. Give the correct chronological order of the following events-
1. Formation of Muslim League
2. Formation of All India Untouchability League
3. Formation of All India Trade Union Congress
4. Formation of Indian National Congress
(A) 2, 4, 1, 3
(B) 3, 4, 1, 2
(C) 4, 3, 1, 2
(D) 4, 1, 3, 2
11. 80% of the coal in India comes from-
(A) Iharia and Raniganj
(B) Kantapalli and Singareni
(C) Singrauli and Korba
12. Dry zone agriculture in India con tributes nearly 40% of the total-
(A) Commercial crops
(B) Fodder crops
(C) Food crops
(D) Plantation products
13. The precipitation consisting of a mixture of snow and rain is
14. ’Operation Flood' was launched in 1970 to?
(A) Control floods
(B) Increase milk production
(C) Improve water sources
(D) Construct more dams
15. Photogrammetry is
(A) Portraying gradient
(B) Movement of setlines
(C) A method of solving geometrical problems
(D) Use of photography in surveying and mapping
16. The spice State of India is?
(A) Tamil Nadu
17. Jog Falls is found across the river?
18. Which of the following sea ports of India is the main outlet for
export of Tea ?
19. The International Date Line passes through the?
(A) Pacific Ocean
(B) Atlantic Ocean
(C) Indian Ocean
(D) Arctic Ocean
20. Which of the following is not a form of precipitation ?
21. Which of the following is a Great Circle ?
(A) The Tropic of Cancer
(B) The Arctic Circle
(C) The Equator
(D) The Tropic of Capricorn
22. Tides in the sea have stored in them?
(A) Hydraulic energy
(B) Kinetic energy
(C) Gravitational potential energy
(D) A combination of all the above
23. Which component of blood is considered as the guard cell of
our body ?
24. Camel can walk easily in the desert, because-
(A) It has thick skin
(B) It can maintain water level in the body
(C) It has a layer of fat under
the skin to combat heat
(D) It has long legs with padded
25. The function of arteries in our body is to
(A) Carry blood away from the heart
(B) Purify the blood
(C) Manufacture White Blood Corpuscles
(D) Carry blood back to the heart
26. Plants climb by means of?
27. This term is associated with the Biology of silkworms.
28. Pick out the correct sequence of a simple land food chain
29. Sex in human beings is deter mined by
(D) Nutrients `
30. Deficiency of fluorine in drinking water causes?
(A) Dental caries (cavity)
(B) Dental fluorosis
(C) Skeletal fluorosis
31. In man urea is formed in?
(D) Urinary Bladder
32. The most important function of perspiration is?
(A) Get rid of the body wastes
(B) Regulate body temperature
(C) Regulate body wastes
(D) Lubricate the skin
33. ECG is the instrument that records
(A) Potential different of cardiac muscles
(B) Rate of respiration
(C) Ratei of glomerular filtration
(D) Volume of blood pumped
34. Hot spot is an area having
(A) Wide variety of species
(B) Wealth of endemic species
(C) Rich variety of flora and fauna
(D) Conserving species in natural habitat
35. Electromagnet is used in a?
(A) Calling bell
(D) Washing machine
36. Kilo Watt Hour represents the unit for?
37. A transformer is used to?
(A) Convert mechanical energy into electrical energy
(B) Convert alternating current into direct current
(C) Convert direct current to alternating current
(D) Transform alternating cur rent voltage
38. Clear nights are colder than cloudy nights because of?
39. A stick partly dipped in water appears broken due to?
(C) Total internal reflection
40. What is condensation ?
(A) Change of gas into solid
(B) Change of solid into liquid
(C) Change of vapour into liquid
(D) Change of heat energy into cooling energy
41. Kinetic energy is converted into electrical energy in?
(A) Electric Motor
42. Floppy disk is an example of?
(A) Read Only Memory
(B) Random Access Memory
(C) Cache Memory
(D) Secondary Storage Memory
43. Which of the following com pounds are sprayed over clouds
to cause artificial rain ?
44. Iodine deficiency in diet is known to cause
45.The refrigeration of the food articles keeps them fresh,
(A) Water forms crystals
(B) Chemical reaction is slowed down
(C) Chemical reaction take place faster
(D) Bacteria are killed
46. Which substance is called the ’liquid gold' ?
(A) Gold as a liquid form
(B) Sodium as a liquid form
(C) Mustard oil
(D) Petroleum oil
47. Percentage of silver in German silver is?
48. Which type of compounds are sugar and common salt ?
(A) Both are organic compounds
(B) Both are inorganic compounds
(C) Sugar is an organic com pound and common salt is an
(D) Sugar is inorganic com pound and common salt is an
49. The chemical name of Vitamin ’E’ is
(A) Ascorbic acid
50. Which of the following gases has bleaching property?
(A) Carbon dioxide
(B) Carbon Monoxide