1. Lumbini is the place where the Buddha
(A) attained nirvana
(B) attained enlightenment
(C) was born
(D) was married
2. Galvanometer is an instrument to measure?
(A) relative density of liquids
(B) electric currents
(C) pressure of gases
3. Who wrdte ‘Mudra Rakshasa’?
(B) Bana Bhatta
(D) Jaya Dev
4. The venue of Asian Games in1970 was?
(D) New Delhi
5. 1929 is known for?
(A) visit of Simon Commission to India
(B) congress resolution for complete independence of India
(C) coming of Indian National Congress under the leadership of
(D) burma was made a part of India
6. INS Airavat is India’s
(A) amphibious ship
7. Astra-Missile is
(A) surface to surface missile
(B) surface to air missile
(C) air to surface missile
(D) air to air missile
8. Nehru Institute of Mountaineering is situated at?
9. Which of the following was not the base of L.T.T.E. before being captured by Srilankan Forces?
(A) Elephant Pass
10. Who is the foreign minister of European Union?
(A) Baroness Ashlon
(B) Massimo D Alema
(C) David Miiband
(D) Carl Bildt
11. Who is the author of ‘Godan’?
(A) Bhishma Sahani
(C) Manohar Shyam Joshi
(D) Sharad Chandra Chattopadhyay
12. Which political party does Raj Babbar belong to?
(B) Bharatiya Janata Party
(D) Bahujan Samaj Party
13. Alberto Fujimori is the former president of?
(C) South Korea
14. Which of the following is the national river of India?
15. The highest number of telephone users are in?
16. The president of Maldives is
(A) Maumoom Abdul Gayoom
(B) Mohammad Ashraf
(C) Mahmood Alam
(D) Mohammed Nasheed
17. Arabinda Rajkhowa is a member of?
(B) Assam Gana Parishad
(C) Maoist Centre
18. The breakthrough in the ideas of Darwin on the evolution of species came after his visit to a cluster of islands and where he saw that each island supported its own form of finch. Name the island/s
(D) Christian Islands
19. Mahatma Gandhi never became a Nobel Laureate, but he was nominated five times. In which of the following years he was not nominated?
20. When was the University of Bombay (now is Mumbai) established?
21. Harare is the capital of?
(B) Zaire Republic
22. Which is the largest island in the world (if Australia is not considered an island)?
23. Indo-Pak Summit between Parvez Musharraf and Atal Bihari Bajpayee was held in 2001 at?
24. Which of the following is not a union territory?
(B) Daman and Diu
25. Who was the founder editor of ‘Kesari’?
(A) Lala Lajpat Rai
(B) Bal Gangadhar Tilak
(C) Gopal Krishna Gokhle
(D) Dadabhai Naoroji
26. With whose permission did the English set up their first factory at Surat?
27. The group of nations known as G-8 started as G-7. Which among the following was not one of them?
28. Emperor Akbar the Great, died in the year?
29. What was the name of Emperor Shahjahan before he became Emperor?
30. Which of the following trees has medicinal value?
31. Identify the main principle on which the Parliamentary system operates?
(A) Responsibility of executive to legislature
(B) Supremacy of democracy
(C) Rule of law
(D) Supremacy of the Constitution
32. Great tennis player Bjorn Borg belongs to which country?
33. Which of the following is the national anthem of India?
(A) Vande Mataram...
(B) Jana gana mana adhinayak...
(C) Ye mera chaman, ye mera chaman
(D) Sarejahan se achchha
34. Which country was known as sick man of Europe?
35. In Malaysia, the word ‘bhumi putra’ refers to?
36. What was the real name of Munshi Premchand?
(A) Nabab Rai
(B) Dhanpat Rai
(C) Ram Chandra Srivastava
(D) Hari Shankar
37. Who is the author of ‘Old Man and the Sea’?
(A) John Ruskin
(B) Raja Rao
(C) Gunter Grass
(D) Ernest Hemingway
38. Prophet Mohammed was born in?
(A) 570 AD.
(B) 720 AD.
(C) 620 AD.
(D) 510 AD.
39. When was the First World War declared?
40. Deodhar trophy is given for the game of?
41. Pariyar Wild Life sanctuary is situated in the state of?
(A) Tamil Nadu
(C) Kerala ,
(D) Andhra Pradesh
42. Nepanagar in Madhya Pradesh is known for?
(A) steel mill
(B) sugar mills
(D) news print factory
43. Who destroyed the Somnath temple in Gujarat?
(A) Mohammed Ghouri
(B) Mahmood Gaznavi
(C) Changhez Khan
(D) Taimur Lang
44. In Cape Traflagar, the famous battle of Trafalgar was fought in
1805. Where is Cape Trafalgar situated?