sample gk paper
1. Which of the following pairs is incorrectly matched?
(a) Encephalitis — Brain
(b) Colitis — Colon
(c) Hepatitis — Liver
(d) Jaundice — Throat
2. Which of the following, types of clothes is manufactured by using petroleum product?
(a) Rayon silk
3. The function of hemoglobin in body is—
(a) Transport of oxygen.
(b) Destruction of bacteria
(c) Prevention of anaemia
(d) Utilization of iron
4. Which disease is more common among agricultural workers as compared to urban population?
(a) Lung’s disease
(b) Cirrhosis of liver
(c) Hookworm infection
5. Biological fixation of nitrogen occurs most commonly in which of the following crops?
(d) None of these
6. Which one of the following grows under the tree?
(b) Bengal gram
7. Which of the following is an example of a plant which bears seeds but no fruits?
(a) Cotton plant
(b) Peepal plant
(c) Eucalyptus tree
(d) Pine tree
8. Radioactive element which has been found to have large reserves in India is—
9. The image formed on the retina of a human eye is—
(a) Real and upright
(b) Real and inverted
(c) Imaginary and upright
(d) Imaginary and inverted
10. In increasing sequence, the major elements, present in the human body are—
(a) Calcium, iron, sodium, phosphorus
(b) Calcium, phosphorus, potassium, sulphur
(c) Calcium, iron, sodium, sulphur
(d) Calcium, potassium, phosphorus, iron
11. A light sensitive compound used in photography is—
(a) Silver chloride
(b) Silver sulphide
(c) Silver bromide
(d) Silver oxide
12. Protective foods in our diet are?
(a) fats and vitamins
(b carbohydrates and minerals
(c) vitamins .and minerals
(d) proteins and carbohydrates
13. The ancient name of Bengal was—
14. Ahilyabai was the queen of?
15. Moorish traveller, Ibn Batutah, came to India during the time of -
(a) Alauddin Khilji
(b) Firoz Shah Tughlaq
(d) Muhammed Bin Tughlaq
16. The main occupation of Harappan civilization was—
(b) cattle rearing
17. The Mahabalipuram temples were built by the King of dynasty?
18. The first telegraph line between Calcutta and Agra was opened in—
19. The first discourse of Buddha in Sarnath is called—
20. The political and cultural centre of the Pandyas was—
21. What is the correct chronological order in which the following invaded India?
(a) 4, 3, 2, 1
(b) 3, 4, 2, 1
(c) 4, 2, 3, 1
(d) 3, 4, 1, 2
22. Who wrote Mitakshara, a book on Hindu law?
23. Gupta empire declined in the fifth century A.D. as a consequence of—
(a) Chalukya raids
(b) Greek invasion
(c) Hun invasion
(d) Pallava raids
24. Who founded the Hindu Shah dynasty of Punjab?
25. The main external threat to the Sultanate of Delhi was posed by the—
(d) None of these
26. Who among the following was a Leading exponent of Gandhian thoughts?
(a) J. L. Nehru
(b) M.N. Roy
(c) Vinoba Bhave
(d) Jai Prakash Narayan.
27. Who were the immediate successors of the Imperial Mauryas in Maghádha?
28. Both Mahavira and Buddha preached during the reign of—
29. Jahangir Mahal is located in—
(b) Fatehpur Sikri
(c) Agra Fort
30. The percentage of glucose present in normal urine is—
31. The magnetic effect of electric current was first observed by—
32. Of the total water on the earth, fresh water reserves constitute approximately—
33. The black hole theory was discovered by—
(a) S. Chandrasekhar
(b) Har Govind Khurana
(c) C.V. Raman
(d) S. Ramanujam
34. The main contribution of Chola dynasty in the field of administration lies in—
(a) systematic provincial administration
(b) a well planned revenue system
(c) a well organized central government
(d) an organized local self government
35. Who founded the philosophy of Pustimarga?
36. Which of the following-battles changed the destiny of a Mughal ruler in India?—
(b) Panipat II
37. ‘The Vedas contain all they truth; was interpreted by—
(a) Swami Vivekananda
(b) Swami Dayananda
(c) Ram Mohan Rai
(d) S. Radhakrisnan
38. Match the columns—
Column I Column II
A. Second battle of Panipat 1. Decline of Vijaya Nagar
B. Second battle 2. British rule in India
C. Battle of Talikota 3. Turkish rule in India
D. Battle of Plassey 4. Mughal rule in India
5. Slave dynasty in India
A B C D
(a) 2 3 4 1
(b) 3 1 2 4
(c) 5 3 2 1
(d) 4 3 1 2
39. Babar entered India for the first time from the west through—
40. Which was first among the following?
(â) Doctrine of Lapse
(b) Subsidiary Alliance
(c) Permanent Settlement
(d) Double Government
41. The name of Lord ‘Cornwallis is associated with the—
(a) Dual government
(b) Maratha wars
(c) System of subsidiary alliances
(d) Permanent settlement
42. Sir Charles Wood’s Dispatch of 1854 dealt with—
(a) administrative reforms
(b) social reforms
(c) economic reforms
(d) educational reforms
43. The sea route to India was discovered by the—
44. Which of the following pairs is correct?
(a) Ashvaghosa — Vikramaditya
(b) Banabhatta — Harshavardhana
(c) Harisena — Kanishka
(d) Kalidasa — Samudragupta
45. 4th July, 1776 is important in world history because of—
(a) Battle of Plassey
(b) Sea route to India was discovered
(c) English King Charles II was executed
(d) American Congress adopted the Declaration of Independence
46. Rowlatt Act was passed in the year—
47. Communal electorate in India was introduced through which of the following acts?
(d) None of these
48. Abhinav Bharat was organized by—
(a) Bhai Parmanand
(b) Khudiram Bose
(c) Vir Savarkar
(d) None of these
49. On 22nd December which of the following places has the largest day and shortest night?
50. High pressure subtropical calm belts known as ‘Horse Latitudes’ lie between—
(a) 0° and 15°
(b) 20° and 25°
(c) 30° and 35°
(d) none of these