General Awareness Sample paper
1. Which of the following missiles and their respective ranges have been paired wrongly here?
(a) Akash - 27 km
(b) Nag - 2500 km
(c) Prithvi - 150 km
(d) Trishul - 9km
2. India’s first nuclear explosion was conducted in
(a) Trombay, Maharashtra
(b) Jaisalmer, Rajasthan
(c) Pokharan, Rajasthan
(d) Rann of Kutch, Gujarat
3. Match of the following:-
A. Bhils 1. Bihar
B. Santhals 2. Rajasthan
C. Todas 3. Madhya Pradesh
D. Gonds 4. Tamil Nadu
A B C D
(a) 1 2 4 3.
(b) 3 2 1 4
(c) 2 4 1 3
(d) 2 1 4 3
4. Paradeep is a
(a) thermal power station
(b) port on the eastern coast of India
(c) port on the western coast of India
(d) None of these
5. The missile ‘Agni’ was launched from
(b) Andhra Pradesh
6. The indigenously built missile recently inducted into the Indian Army is known as
7. All the following cities are located on the banks of river Ganga except
8. India’s biggest nuclear research reactor is known as
9. India’s first long range missile is
10. Which one of the following places is well known for diamond cutting and polishing industry?
11. NEFA is the old name of
(b) Tamil Nadu
(d) Arunachal Pradesh
12. From the following, the tribals of Tamil Nadu living in Nilgiris are
13. Nilgiri, Himgiri and Beas are
(a) aircraft carrier ships
(c) nuclear submarines
(d) Oil tankers of ONGC
14. Kaiga in Karnataka is famous for
(a) nuclear plant
(b) ancient fort
(c) fertilizer plant
(d) cement plant
15. Kuki Tribes which were recently in the news, are mainly inhabited in which of the following states?
(e) Arunachal Pradesh
16. Which one of the following is not situated on the bank of river Godavari?
17. The ballistic missile Agni tested by India has a maximum range of
(a) 1000 km
(b) 1500 km
(c) 2000 km
(d) 2500 km
18. The biggest Public Sector undertaking in the country is
(a) iron & steel plants
19. Which is India’s main battle tank inducted in the army recently?
20. Which one of the following is the correct sequence in decreasing other of the population sizes of the given cities as per the 1991 census.
(a) Calcutta, Bombay, Madras, Delhi
(b) Bombay, Calcutta, Madras, Delhi
(c) Calcutta, Bombay, Delhi, Madras
(d) Bombay, Calcutta, Delhi, Madras
21. Which of the following states has achieved the highest literacy rate?
(b) West Bengal
22. During the 1981-1991 period, the population of which one of the following states had registered the maximum growth rate?
(a) Arunachal Pradesh
23. Which of the following is the second most literate state?
(b) West Bengal
24. What is the approximate literacy rate as per 1991 data?
25. According to the recent survey, -which state has the highest per capita income?
26. The total population of India according to 1991 census is
(a) 841 million
(b) 842 million
(c) 843 million
(4) 844 million
27. Which one of the following is correctly matched in the light of 1991 census?
(a) Andhra Pradesh : Land-man ratio is lowest
(b) West Bengal : Sex ratio is highest
(c) Kerala : Density of population is highest
(d) Tamil Nadu : Sex ratio is lowest
28. According to the figures of the 1991 census, the total male population in India was nearly
(a) 30.7 crore
(b) 35.7 crore
(c) 43.7 crore
(d) 45.7 crore
29. Which of the following states has the slowest rate of population growth as per 1991 census?
(a) West Bengal
30. Which one of the following is the group of states that have shown a net rise in population during 1981 - 91 according to 1991 census?
(a) Punjab, Gujarat and Rajasthan
(b) Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra and Gujarat
(c) Maharashtra, Gujarat and Kerala
(4) Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Punjab
31. As per the recent data available (1991 census), which of the following represents the national average of tribal literacy in India?
(e) None of these
32. The population of India as per 1991 census reports is increasing at an average annual rate of
33. In India, women workers constitute approximately what percent of the total women population as per the latest figures available (1991 census)
(a) 21.40 %
(b) 22.69 %
(c) 26.80 %
(d) 31.74 %
(e) 42.26 %
34. Among the following groups of states, which one is having literacy rate in the range of 38% - 44%?
(a) Rajasthan, West Bengal, UP., Bihar
(b) Bihar, Karnataka, U.P., M.P
(c) Bihar, UP., M.P, Rajasthan
(d) Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Bihar, Orissa
35. The growth rate of population in India between 1981 and 1991 was
36. According to the recent survey, which state has the highest per capita income?
37. Which of the following states in India is least populated as per the l991 census?
(e) Arunachal Pradesh
38. Ratio of women to men in India according to 1991 census is
39. As per the 1991 census, Kerala registered the lowest fertility rate among the states in India.
This has been attributed to the
(a) small population of child-bearing age
(b) high overall literacy rate
(c) high rate of literacy among women
(d) high level of urbanization
40. As per the 1991 census, what percentage of the total population was in the urban areas?