SSC Tax Assistant Exam General Awareness (Solved Paper)
Staff Selection Commission (SSC): Tax Assistant Recruitment Solved questions
1. Which Indian film stars was recently conferred Honorary Doctorate by Bedfordshire University, (U.K.) ?
(A) Amitabh Bachhan
(B) Shah Rukh Khan
(C) Om Puri
(D) Amir Khan
2. Williams Sisters won the U.S. Open Women’s Doubles Title
2009 after defeating in the final?
(A) Leizal Herber and Cara Blank
(B) Kim Clijsters and Anna Kournikova
(C) Coroline Wozniacki and Dinara Safina
(D) Nathalie Deshy and Sania Mirza
3. Which one of the following is a military alliance ?
4. The recipient of the 42nd Jan Peeth Award is?
(A) Manohar Shastri
(B) Harish Pandya
(C) Satya Vrat Shastri
(D) K. Kamal Kumar
5. World Development Report is an annual publication of
(D) World Bank
6. Which one of the following is correct ?
(A) jeev Milkha Singh :Tennis
(B) Jhulan Goswami :Cricket .
(C) Baichung Bhutia:Hockey
(D) Pankaj Advani:Badminton
7. Which one of the following industrialists was declared ’The
Business Person of the year 2008 by the Times of India Survey ?
(A) Anil Ambani
(B) Rahul Bajaj
(C) Ratan Tata
(D) Gautam Adani
8. Naina Devi peak forms a part of
(A) Himalayan range located in Sikkim
(B) Himalayan range located in Kumaon region
(C) Himalayan range located in Nepal
(D) Himalayan range located in Jammu & Kashmir
9. The aim of the ISRO’s OCEANSAT-2 satellite is?
(A) To provide ocean scientists knowledge about mineral
resources under the sea
(B) To aid fishermen in identifying fishing zones
(C) To aid weathermen to forecast cyclones and weather conditions
(D) All the above
10. Who amongst the following is not the recipient of the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award ?
(A) Vijendra Singh
(B) Sushi Kumar
(C) M. C. Marykom
(D) Abhjnav Bindra
11. Nilgiri, Himgiri and Beas are?
(A) Aircraft Carrier ships
(C) Nuclear submarines
(D) Oil tankers of ONGC
12. The age of a tree can be calculated by
(A) Number of branches
(B) Its height
(C) Girth of its trunk
(D) Number of its annual rings
13. Which one of the statements below explains the external economies of scale ?
(A) Starting a computer firm in a Techno Park to avail the expertise
(B) Expanding firms employing specialist accountants, lawyers
(C) A manufacturer spreading the research and development cost over the output
(D) A major supermarket gaining bulk discounts on direct purchase
14. Which one of the following types of unemployment is common in
Indian agriculture ?
15. A rolling plan refers to a plan which
(A) Does not change its targets every year
(B) Changes its allocations every year
(C) Changes its allocations and targets every year
(D) Changes only its targets every year
16. An instrument of qualitative credit control in India is?
(A) Open market operations
(B) Credit rationing
(C) Change in reserve ratio
(D) Bank rate policy
17. Laissez-faire is a feature of?
(D) Mixed Economy
18. Which one of the following is not a source of the tax revenue in
Indian States ?
(A) Land Revenue
(B) Motor Vehicle Tax
(C) Entertainment Tax
(D) Corporate Tax
19, CSO has changed its base year for National Income estimation.
The new base year is?
(A) 1990-91 (B) 1993-94
(C) 1994-95 (D) 1995-96
20. Which is the biggest enterprise of the Government of India ?
(A) Postal and Telegraph
21. In which type of competition does Marginal Revenue Curve
coincide with Average Revenue Curve ?
(B) Imperfect Competition
(C) Perfect Competition
(D) Monopolistic Competition
22. According to J. A. Schumpeter, entrepreneurs are entitled to
enjoy the profit for their .........activities. *
(B) Risk taking
(C) Risk averting
(D) Hard work
23. Demonstration effect means?
(A) Effect of advertisement
(B) Imitating effect of consumption
(C) Effect of entertainment
(D) Effect of an experiment
24. Homogeneous product is a feature of?
(A) Imperfect market
(D) Perfect market
25. Which part of the Indian Constitution declares the Ideals of
Welfare State ?
(A) Fundamental Rights
(B) Fundamental Duties
(D) Directive Principles of State Policy
26. Who said, "Parliamentary System provides a daily as well as a
periodic assessment of the Government" ?
(A) Dr. B. R. Ambedkar
(B) Shri B. N. Rao
(C) Shri Iawahar Lal Nehru
(D) Dr.Rajendra Prasad
27. The legal advisor to the State Government is known as?
(D) State Public Prosecutor
28. The maximum duration of Zero Hour in Lok Sabha is?
(A) 30 minutes
(B) One hour
(C) Two hours
29. Which agency acts as coordinator between Union Government,
Planning Commission and State Governments ?
(A) National Integration Council
(B) Finance Commission
(C) National Development Council
(D) Inter-State Council
30. When will demand become a grant ?
(A) When a demand is proposed
(B) After the discussion on demand is over
(C) After the demand is granted
(D) When the Budget Session is closed
31. What makes the ]udiciary the guardian of the Constitution ?
(B) Service Conditions
(D) ]udicial Review
32. What is the name of judicial organ of UNO ?
(A) Supreme Court
(B) Court of International justice
(C) Judicial Forum
(D) international Court of Justice
33. The Election disputes regarding the Election of President and Vice-President can be heard by?
(B) Central Election Commission
(C) Supreme Court
(D) Attorney-General of India
34. Balwant Rai Mehta Committee suggested that the structure of Panchayati Raj should consist of?
(A) The village, the block and the district levels
(B) The mandal and the district levels
(C) The village, the district and the State levels
(D) The village, the mandal, the district and the State levels
35. Which of the following has banned ’floor crossing' by the members elected on a party
ticket to the legislature ?
(A) 52nd Constitution Amendment
(B) Representation of People Act
(C) National Security Act
(D) Maintenance of Internal Security Act
36. The expression ’Creamy Layer' used in the judgment of the Supreme Court relating to the case regarding reservations refers to?
(A) Those sections of society which pay Income-tax
(B) Those sections of socially and educationally backward classes of the society that are economically advanced
(C) Those sections of the society that are considered advanced according to Karpuri Thakur formula
(D) All sections of upper castes of the society
37. When was the Panchtantra written ?
(A) Maurya Period
(B) Kanishka Period
(C) Gupta Period
(D) Harsha Period
38.Which one among the following is regarded as the 'Magna Carta'
ot Indian education ?
(A) Wood's Despatch
(B) Hunter’s Commission
(C) Sadler Commission
(D) Wardha Scheme
39. The heaviest body of our Solar system is?
40. From amongst the following name the famous Indian ornithologist
(A) Dr. Salim Ali `
(B) Dr. Gopalasamudram N.Ramachandran
(C) Dr.J.B. S. Haldane
(D) Dr. H, G. Khorana
41. Who performed the longest space journey in the year 2007 ?
(A) Venus Williams
(B) Serena Williams
(C) Sunita William
(D) Sir ]ohn William
42. 'The Lost Child' was written by-
(A) Nirad C. Chowdhury
(B) Mulk Raj Anand
(C) Khushwant Singh
(D) Annie Besant
43. Dr. M. S. Swaminathan has dist inguished himself in which of the
following fields ?
(A) Nuclear Physics
44. The Headquarters of UNESCO is at?
(D) New York
45. Ianuary 15 is celebrated as the
(A) Army Day
(B) Martyr’s Day
(C) Independence Day
46. Bijapur is known for its
(A) Heavy rainfall
(B) Rock Temple
(C) Gol Gumbaj
(D) Statue of Gomateshwara
47.The Americans are also known as?
(D) None of the above
48. India lifted the ONGC Nehru Cup, 2009 after defeating in the
(C) Sri Lanka
49. An element which does not react with oxygen is?
50. During sleep, man’s blood pressure?
(D) Remains constant